A POST BY:- AMAN BISHT
My blog comes out at a time when Indian media is flooded with news of students committing suicide after the JEE(Mains) result were announced but no one is really focusing on some key aspects of how to deal with stress and social pressure.Dealing with stress has become an integral part of our lives,regardless of age,gender or profession. The psychological impact of stress within our daily lives often gets neglected,as many of us get accustomed to the same.Thus encouraging help seeking behavior is of paramount importance.Following are some points:
1. An open mindedness is essential to fight the roots of myths attached to mental health and awareness.This can be done by encouraging DE-stigmatization of mental health.
2. Talking about your distress is itself a prerequisite to seeking help. Vent out your emotions while at the same time share the problem with near and dear ones.
3. Humans worry too much about being misjudged,not being listened to or fearing betrayal,thereby experiencing mistrust and shame. This is sometimes further complemented by the lack of understanding by our community. Thus creating a sensitized approach can easily solve mental problems.
4. Moreover this gets severe because we frequently turn a blind eye to the potential conditions of mental health related problems.Often we are aware but still carry tge agonizing pain of feeling responsible for our sufferings and experience a lot of self blame.
5. It is high time to educate ourselves so as to identify and guide others.Thus be willing and reach out to the help of someone else going through this tough phase and advice him to take professional help.
Always remember it is in giving that we receive.
Thanks Aman Bisht for your motivating and inspiring blog , i hope it will help many. Please friends share this blog and comment your views on this topic.